WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED BETWEEN LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING
1. Tennis – ATP Rome: Without Alcaraz and without Nadal, but Djokovic did the job
There will be no Alcaraz, no Nadal but Novak Djokovic will be there for the last four of the final (big) preparatory tournament at Roland-Garros. The Serb, who will remain world number one on Monday, showed solidity in the hot moments to defeat Félix Auger-Aliassime (7-5, 7-6) on Friday. He will face Casper Ruud in the semi-finals.
Power of Sport – From 10000m to triathlon: Beth Potter, the force of retraining
A DAY AGO
2. Basketball – NBA: The Warriors find the finals of conf ‘, Boston snatches a match 7
Golden State qualified for the NBA Western Conference Finals by beating Memphis (110-96) at home on Friday in Game 6 of their NBA play-off conference semifinals, won 4 to 2.
In the other game of the evening, Boston, carried by Jayson Tatum (46 points), tied at 3-3 by beating the Milwaukee Bucks (108-95) at home, despite a great Giannis Antetokounmpo (44 points, 20 bounces). The 7th and final game of the series will take place Sunday in Boston to determine Miami’s opponent in the Eastern Conference final.
3. Football – National: Annecy promoted to L2, Villefranche in play-offs
In its sold-out Sports Park (13,500 spectators), Annecy snatched accession to Ligue 2 by beating Sedan 2-0 on Friday evening, during the 34th and last day of the National championship.
The Haut-Savoyard team, coached by Laurent Guyot, finished second in the standings, one point ahead of Villefranche-Beaujolais (3rd), who outclassed Bourg-en-Bresse (4-1) in another box office match closed, but who will have to go through the play-offs against the 18th in Ligue 2, Quevilly-Rouen or Rodez, who play on Saturday.
WE HAVE ALSO RETAINED FOR YOU
- Tennis : Swiss player Stan Wawrinka withdrew Friday from the Geneva Open next week due to a foot injury that he is unable to heal.
- Golf: Aged 51, golfer Phil Mickelson will not participate next week in the American PGA Championship, of which he is the title holder, the organization announced on Friday.
- Basketball: The Bourges basketball players, first in the regular season of the Women’s League, qualified for the semi-finals of the championship at the expense of Lattes-Montpellier, winning the decisive match 3 86 to 69, Friday in the quarter-finals.
- Athletics : The Americans Noah Lyles and Gabrielle Thomas won the 200m of the first meeting of the Diamond League in Doha (Qatar), amputated from the pole vault because of the wind on Friday.
- Basketball : James Harden was set on fire by the American media on Friday after his lackluster performance earned his Philadelphia 76ers team an elimination in the NBA play-offs.
THE CATCH-UP VIDEO
A season in hell: from Costil to Yilmaz, the eleven castaways of the L1
WHAT YOU CAN’T MISS TO FOLLOW THIS FRIDAY
Football – Ligue 1: Multiplex and stakes on all floors
In the fight for Europe, Stade Rennais, Racing Club de Strasbourg and RC Lens still have great things to hope for between 3rd qualifying place for the Champions League play-offs, the Europa League or the Europa League. Conference.
Mbappé, Payet, Dante: Our typical team for the 2021/22 L1 season
2. Cycling – Giro: Showdown between sprinters and punchers
The 8th stage, Saturday, constitutes a new opportunity for the sprinters to explain themselves… and therefore for Arnaud Démare (Groupama-FDJ) to sign a 3rd consecutive victorious bunch sprint, after his successes during the 5th and 6th stages, in Messina and Scalea. To do this, you will have to hang on to the various small climbs that mark out the Neapolitan route – the start and finish are located nearby, in the capital of Campania.
The awakening of the Jumbo-Visma, breaks, the strongest Bouwman: the summary of the 7th stage
3. Tennis – Rome: The beauty for Tsitsipas and Zverev, Ruud facing the Djokovic mountain
For the second semi-final, however, it will be necessary to wait until 7:30 p.m. to see Novak Djokovic confront Casper Ruud. This time, neither Alcaraz nor Nadal will be present to block the way of the Serb, but a Norwegian ranked 10th in the ATP who is having his best tournament on clay this season.
In the women’s draw, No. 1 seed Iga Swiatek will face Aryna Sabalenka  at midday, while the recent winner of the Masters 1000 in Madrid, Ons Jabeur, will have to challenge Daria Kasatkina (5 p.m.).
Nadal concerned, the Heat qualified, big piece on the Giro: the news on a plate
YESTERDAY AT 04:41
Rennes and the Celtics stunned, Djokovic and Wawrinka ready to meet again: The news on a set
05/12/2022 At 05:00