Whereas the low season is in full swing, the B&B Hôtels biking workforce remains to be at the hours of darkness about its future. The Breton workforce, which introduced a partnership with the town of Paris when the final Tour de France arrived, nonetheless hopes to vary dimension with the arrival of a number of main sponsors, however no dialogue has but succeeded. Whereas the deadline set by the UCI and the DNCG was set for November 15, his supervisor Jérôme Pineau obtained a deadline till the top of the month. All the pieces will subsequently be performed out over the subsequent two weeks. Silent for weeks, the previous rider takes inventory for RMC Sport. Combative but in addition conscious greater than ever of the hazard that awaits.
Jérôme, we’ve handed the deadline of November 15 to current your workforce’s file to the UCI. The place are you ?
We’re clearly in a ready scenario. I had many appointments with many corporations. We are actually ready for it to be finalized with this ambition to arrange a males’s workforce but in addition a high-level ladies’s workforce and an academy. Now we have warned the nationwide and worldwide authorities that we’d like a delay as a result of the timing of the businesses involved requires it. I’ve 5 corporations that wish to comply with us. Concretely, we count on solutions on November 21, 28 and 29. We’re speaking about very severe leads which might be well worth the effort. The banks comply with us. The riders’ contracts are prepared. B&B Resorts has already made a brand new dedication. We nonetheless have the arrival of a final main sponsor who takes the time to resolve.
How did you come to this example?
After signing the partnership with the town of Paris, in Might, the file was effectively superior with the businesses. The town of Paris helps us. She helped us to have necessary appointments however it’s not a sponsorship firm since we bear in mind, there’s zero public cash. Then, in current months, with the social instability, the financial context of the second, sponsors have backtracked, which implies that in mid-November, we’re nonetheless on the lookout for funding.
What’s going to occur in the event you can not discover these funds?
If all the businesses we’re ready with say no, we’re in nice hazard and the workforce won’t survive to be on the degree we wish. The finances gathered right now shouldn’t be sufficient for that. The sums sought, I preserve them for myself (Editor’s notice: we’re speaking about 10 million euros for a complete finances of round 15 million). What is definite is that if the UCI and the DNCG ask me to account tomorrow, we will be unable to do the season in Professional Crew.
Are you making a closing enchantment to potential sponsors?
I am not right here to ask for donations. It is apparent that if a enterprise chief right now needs to assist us, we cannot slam the door in his face however we’re above all ready. We labored rather a lot. We contacted greater than 1000 corporations, had 100 appointments. Now we’re ready for the ultimate reply.
How are your runners dealing with the scenario?
The runners are conscious of the scenario each day. I wish to say that all of them have a variety of braveness as a result of none fled. We’re all united behind our challenge. We wish this journey to proceed even when it could certainly make some folks comfortable if it stopped.
Mark Cavendish – 34 victories within the Tour de France, document holder with Eddy Merckx for victories within the Grande Boucle – ought to usually have joined you. Is he nonetheless within the challenge?
Sure and if he did not imagine within the challenge, he would have already signed elsewhere. He needs to be with us. I would like him to be with us however right now I’ve to say that he’s not a part of the workforce. However Mark is drive of proposal and assist. It’s a part of our plan to go larger.
What frame of mind are you in? Are you nervous ?
In fact there’s hearth! We solely have fifteen days to finish every part. Fortuitously, we really feel a variety of benevolence, beginning with the authorities which might be there to advertise the tasks, to not put a spoke of their wheels. The deadline granted to us won’t transcend the start of December. The way forward for the workforce is threatened however we stay very optimistic about having a really excessive degree workforce as a result of the need is there to accompany us. However it’s simply not me who decides. I’ll imagine it till the final minute.